Thursday, October 25, 2012

Friday Peace Vigil, Girard, OH, and surrounding area:

PEACE VIGIL
GIRARD, OH
Friday, October 26, 2012
4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
State St. & Liberty St.

Ray Nakley (330-506-1999) and Ron Dull (330-518-9881) will hold their weekly Peace Vigil this Friday, October 26, from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., at the corner of State St. & Liberty St., Girard, OH. They invite anyone who is interested in showing their support for ending conflict in the world to join them. Hold out positive thoughts for that!

 

This week:
 

Well, the good news this week from our corner of the world is that I’ve been able to get my brain focused just enough to actually write a brand new chapter for one of my works in progress, one of three novels that have been well enough begun and could actually be completed by early next year if I can keep the old gray matter on track for the next few months or so. I’ll let you know each week whether that miracle continues to occur. And if it does, I’ll share more information about the project.

Meanwhile, prayers, positive thoughts, and possibly even a little magic certainly can’t hurt, can they?!

The other side of the news ‘coin’ is that in the last couple of days, Jim brought in mail for me to open and sort that included requirements for me to fill out a total of four--count ‘em: FOUR!--different forms, each of a different type, each for a different purpose, and each requiring different levels of agonizing, painstaking labor!

The trouble is, on the list of activities I really love to be engaged in, filling out forms is in a dead heat, tied with spending money at the next lowest level of enjoyment. Both happen to be just one notch above the worst activity in the world: writing checks. In fact, the reason I really hate writing checks more than just about anything else in the universe is that it involves a unique combination of those two other loathsome pastimes: spending money by filling out a form.

That’s why modern conveniences like debit cards, and even a credit card, on occasion, have really taken much of the sting out of spending money. That’s because swiping a card, especially when somebody else, like a cashier, does it for me, it just leaves me with that money-spending part, not the form-filling-out bit. So, if you ever see me sweating over a checkbook one day, have pity on an old broad who is just trying to survive her anxiety. And if I am actually writing that check, that means I’ve at least got a few pennies to spend!

Positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment