Thursday, November 29, 2012

Friday Peace Vigil, Youngstown, OH, and surrounding area:

PEACE VIGIL
YOUNGSTOWN, OH
Friday, November 30, 2012
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Downtown on the Square (Federal Plaza E. & Wick Ave.)

Ray Nakley (330-506-1999) and Ron Dull (330-518-9881) will hold their weekly Peace Vigil this Friday, November 30, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the corner of Downtown on the Square (Federal Plaza E. & Wick Ave.), Youngstown, OH. They invite anyone who is interested in showing their support for ending conflict in the world to join them. Hold out positive thoughts for that!

 

This week:
 
How much faster the time goes by when one gets older. But I can’t complain. I am just grateful that I do have the time and blessings to continue to be productive. The best thing I can hope for is to be useful, to help make a difference in this world. And that’s why I continue to do the work I do, no matter how little I can manage to actually write each week.

This week I could only accomplish a bit of writing, while I was able to reach a goal with my sewing. I now have the warm clothes I need to wear during the upcoming chilly months in the southern Arizona desert. At my age, with my health situation, this is an absolute necessity. While most people around me are frolicking in shorts and t-shirts, I’m bundled up in extra layers. Brrr.

But now that I’ve reached this goal with my sewing, I hope to get much more writing done in the days ahead. I plan to be sitting at my computer, wrapped in my warm clothing, and write about the fact that we all need to do whatever we can to help make it possible for everyone around the world to have the blessings of food, shelter, health care, clothing, everything that we all need in order to enjoy the dignity of a life of prosperity and peace.

Join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment