Thursday, December 27, 2012

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area:

PEACE VIGIL

CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, December 28, 2012
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
N. Pinal Ave. & W. McCartney Rd.

Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) will hold his weekly Peace Vigil this Friday, December 28, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the corner of N. Pinal Ave. & W. McCartney Rd. in Casa Grande, AZ. Tony invites anyone who is interested in showing their support for ending conflict in the world to join him. Hold out positive thoughts for that!

 

This week:

In an effort to get a head start on the new year, I’m slowly beginning to tackle some serious organizing around this house. My biggest strategy to get rid of so much of the STUFF that tends to pile up in my space. The goal is three-fold, in order of difficulty:

  • Recycle everything that we no longer need and wouldn’t be of use to anyone else but which can be turned into something else. With weekly curbside pickup by the city, all we have to do is dump this stuff into the blue bins and put them out by Friday morning.
  • Give away whatever can be used by someone else in its present form. Fortunately, we live three blocks from the Goodwill store and collection depot, and there are at least three more of that type of thrift store within two miles of our house. We have no excuse not to share while supporting good causes at the same time. The hard part about this is part of the task is that we actually have to box the stuff up and Jim has to haul it over to the thrift stores. That requires a bit of work, but it’s a good way to get some good use of out a husband in his retirement years.
  • File whatever we can still use. This is by far the hardest part of the task. Both of us tend to be ‘file-by-pile’ types, which is usually the best way for me to remember where something is, at least in the short term. I’m always trying different ways to organize my files, and then I can’t seem to remember how I did it. I could use a secretary. Heck, I could use a WIFE!

Anyway, wish me luck on this task. At the same time, I hope to get some of my own actual work done as this project moves along. Perhaps if I could accomplish a miracle and make this place neat and organized once and for all, I could concentrate solely on my work with a much better attitude and more energy. Pity I can’t just wrinkle my nose, but I am still just an ordinary human being, no matter what some people think. Ah, well.

Join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment