Thursday, January 3, 2013

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, January 4, 2013
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
N. Pinal Ave. & W. McMurray Blvd.

Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) will hold his weekly Peace Vigil this Friday, January 4, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the corner of N. Pinal Ave. & W. McMurray Blvd. in Casa Grande, AZ. Tony invites anyone who is interested in showing their support for ending conflict in the world to join him. Hold out positive thoughts for that!

 

This week:

 

Tony reports for the last vigil of 2012 he was joined by three people, 1 man and 2 women. I’ve promised him that as soon as the weather starts to warm up, Jim and I will also come out to stand for the dream of living in a world without poverty and war. We hope that by this spring, the local group will be so strong that several people will be able to continue the vigils at least through late spring. We need that kind of dedication, since Tony, the backbone and heart of our local peace movement, will be leaving in mid-spring for his summer sojourn in the great Yankee state of Ohio.

Even though cold triggers my dreams of long winter hibernation, I’ve managed to reach my immediate goal of sewing enough robes to keep me bundled up and relatively warm, even in the coldest corners of this old house! Next, I’ll finish organizing my files, so when the IRS completes the forms to reflect the latest reprieve from the ‘fiscal cliff,’ I’ll be able to finish my taxes within a few days. Once that’s done, I’ll see what’s next on the list. I hope to squeeze in some of my own writing soon. Hold that hope for me too!

Join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment