Thursday, January 24, 2013

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, January 25, 2013
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
E. Florence Blvd. & N. Cameron St.

Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) will hold his weekly Peace Vigil this Friday, January 25, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., at the corner of E. Florence Blvd. & N. Cameron St. in Casa Grande, AZ. Tony invites anyone who is interested in showing their support for ending conflict in the world to join him. Hold out positive thoughts for that!

 

This week:

 
Another interesting week, though mostly taken up with personal tasks rather than writing, as I really would prefer. I have managed to compose some few words as part of three different projects, but I’m looking forward to being able to concentrate fully on one; then the second; and finally the great big third, my ongoing novel, Two Worlds.

My favorite part of the week was watching Barack Obama being sworn in for his second term, a direct result of the justified backlash from the GOP campaign to make the first African-American in the highest office in the land a "one-term president." I’m proud to say that Jim and I played our small part in that victory.

And to those bitter Republicans who now claim that President Obama is trying to ‘annihilate’ their party, I say why bother? Ideological conservatives are doing more than enough to destroy their own political organization from within! I’m old enough to know how sad that is.

Until 1980, I often had trouble choosing between candidates put forth by each of the major parties for both national and local offices. I’ve shared this idea before, but I must say it again: I would have been happy if Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter could have served as co-presidents--for two complete terms, at least. Both had much to offer, and they were both part of that generation of politician who knew how to work together to compromise and accomplish great things.

I’m looking forward to the time when the mostly younger moderate Republicans gain more influence within their party and start to ease the power structure back toward the center. I’m keeping my eye on several of those talented pols. They could be part of a future in which we can all share in the hope and move social progress steadily forward.

Join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment