Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, April 5, 2013
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
E. Cottonwood Ln. & N. Casa Grande Ave.

Peace Vigils are held every Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in Casa Grande from mid-December to mid-April. Come and stand for Peace! Bring a sign or a sign can be provided - and bring another peace activist. The more the merrier! Call Debbie Jordan (520-494-0437) or Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) for details.

 

THIS WEEK:

It happens every spring: The start of baseball season (YAY!) and a string of doctors’ visits (bummer). This year has been especially troublesome with regard to the latter issue. What I’d hoped would be a single eye exam has led to four more weekly appointments scheduled into the first week of May. Fortunately, the Arizona Diamondbacks and Atlanta Braves, our two favorite teams, are already two-and-one in the win-loss columns, a promising beginning to the 2013 MLB season.

Meanwhile, tomorrow I’ll finish up my last task to get my retired husband on track to become more useful around the house so I can get back to doing more of my own writing. Every spouse of a retired guy knows what I’m talking about; no need to go into further detail here. That means I should be able to deliver a more positive report on my own work next week, so be sure to check back then.

Join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment