Thursday, April 11, 2013

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, April 12, 2013
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
E. Cottonwood Ln. & N. Pinal Ave.

Peace Vigils are held every Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in Casa Grande from mid-December to mid-April. Come and stand for Peace! Bring a sign or a sign can be provided - and bring another peace activist. The more the merrier! Call Debbie Jordan (520-494-0437) or Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) for details.

 

THIS WEEK:

Sadly, this week’s vigil will be Tony’s last for this season in the warm Arizona desert. Shortly thereafter, he’ll be spreading his ‘snowbird’ wings to ‘fly’ away from us back to cold northern Ohio, there to continue the work of standing for peace and offering support and hope to the downtrodden and the poor. But he promises to return to us in late fall. Meanwhile, he’ll continue to keep me updated on activities in Youngstown throughout the summer, and I’ll post them here on a regular basis, as I always have.

I’m delighted to report that I’m finally back to writing, albeit slowly, on my novel, Two Worlds. Still plugging away on Chapter 4, but at least when I reread the first three chapters, I was happy with what I’d already done, especially after I added another almost full page of conversation to the second chapter. Next, I’m going to email copies of those first three chapters to a select group of readers to get their opinions, while I continue to plug away at the book. I’m also going to try to squeeze in a few articles for this blog, so my creative brain is pumping, at least on a couple of cylinders.

I’m still facing four eye appointments over the next four weeks and have to squeeze in a date with my dentist in the next couple of weeks. After May 6, I should be done with my spring spate of medical treatments. From that point on, I hope to be much more creatively productive. Positive thoughts for that miracle, please!

Join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment