Thursday, March 6, 2014

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area, March 7, 2014:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, March 7, 2014
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
E. Florence Blvd. & N. Arizola Rd.

Peace Vigils are held every Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in Casa Grande from mid-December to mid-April. Come and stand for Peace! Bring a sign or a sign can be provided - and bring another peace activist. The more the merrier! Call Debbie Jordan (520-494-0437) or Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) for details.

 


THIS WEEK:

While many people continue to shiver in the depths of this harsh winter, we in southern Arizona are enjoying the beauty of spring. It’s one of the many reasons we moved here from back east. But many of our loved ones continue to endure the cold weather, so I’ll try not to mention the weather again till we’re broiling in the intense heat of the desert summer. Deal? Good.

We did have some much needed rain last weekend, which does no good for either my body or my brain. But that’s over now and we’re back to the usual sunny and warm. Oops. Sorry about that.

Anyway, aside from tidying up the usual end-of-month accounting early in the week, I’ve just finished knitting the fourth of my promised twelve Caps for Cancer Patients for this year. I’ll block it over the weekend, so I can post the picture with this vigil notice next week. Be sure to check back then.

As always, I invite everyone to join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!

 
The World I Imagine: A creative manual for ending poverty and building peace and my historical mystery novel, Lion’s Pride, are available through your local bookstore. They are featured at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and most online bookstores around the world. Both are available for Kindle readers.
 

COMMENTS: The purpose of this blog is to share positive ideas for making changes that will help everyone, not just a narrow group of people. I’d love to hear more ideas for imprinting positive effects over a wide range of areas in our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment