Thursday, January 23, 2014

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area, January 24, 2014:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, January 24, 2014
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
W. Florence Blvd.. & N. Olive Ave.

Peace Vigils are held every Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in Casa Grande from mid-December to mid-April. Come and stand for Peace! Bring a sign or a sign can be provided - and bring another peace activist. The more the merrier! Call Debbie Jordan (520-494-0437) or Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) for details.

 


THIS WEEK:

As I promised last week, here’s a picture of the second cap I made in my quest to complete at least 12 Caps for Cancer Patients in 2014:

 




The next one will be special, made for some people whose cause I wholeheartedly support. I hope to post a picture of the first cap in that series in a week or two. I’ll start it later today.

Meanwhile, I have done a bit of writing and several administrative tasks this week. I’m happy I can manage these useful tasks during the colder months of the year, a goal that’s getting harder for me to reach every year because of lifelong progressive chronic medical conditions.

I do this by concentrating on my ‘abilities’ rather than my ‘disabilities.’ That’s what we should all be encouraged to do, even those people we in the disability community refer to as ‘temporarily able-bodied’ (TABs for short).

And to all those people who don’t like that because they selfishly demand things from me that I’m no longer able to manage: You know what you can do about it. (I hope it’s not too painful!)

As always, I invite everyone to join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!

 
The World I Imagine: A creative manual for ending poverty and building peace and my historical mystery novel, Lion’s Pride, are available through your local bookstore. They are featured at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and most online bookstores around the world. Both are available for Kindle readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment