Thursday, January 30, 2014

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area, January 31, 2014:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, January 31, 2014
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
W. Florence Blvd.. & N. Cameron St.

Peace Vigils are held every Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in Casa Grande from mid-December to mid-April. Come and stand for Peace! Bring a sign or a sign can be provided - and bring another peace activist. The more the merrier! Call Debbie Jordan (520-494-0437) or Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) for details.

 


THIS WEEK:

I may be growing older, but I promise I’ll never grow up!

Yup. It’s that time again. Time for me and the Chinese to turn to a new calendar. And just like the Asians who count years in series of twelve, I’m about to face an entire new decade. Ouch!

But life goes on and it beats the alternative. And the truth is, I’d much rather know what I know now than what I did when I was young and foolish. Now I’m just old and foolish!

Okay, I promise I’m done with all the cliches. My other news this week is that I have finished crocheting my next cap, this one for a special type of cancer patient. I still have to block it so we can get photos. But since I’ve already started another, I’ll wait to finish that one too and block them both at the same time. I promise to post at least one picture here next week. Stay tuned.

As always, I invite everyone to join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!

The World I Imagine: A creative manual for ending poverty and building peace and my historical mystery novel, Lion’s Pride, are available through your local bookstore. They are featured at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and most online bookstores around the world. Both are available for Kindle readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment