Friday, April 4, 2014

Friday Peace Vigil, Casa Grande, AZ, and surrounding area, April 4, 2014:

PEACE VIGIL
CASA GRANDE, AZ
Friday, April 4, 2014
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
E. Cottonwood Ln. & N. Trekell Rd.


Peace Vigils are held every Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. in Casa Grande from mid-December to mid-April. Come and stand for Peace! Bring a sign or a sign can be provided - and bring another peace activist. The more the merrier! Call Debbie Jordan (520-494-0437) or Tony Fasline (520-426-0070) for details.

 


THIS WEEK:

I am so predictable. You’d think after a lifetime of riding the chronic-illness roller coaster up and down in unison with the seasons, I’d remember to monitor my activity level as the temperature rises. But no-o-o. When things warm up and I feel better than I did during the long months of frigid weather, I forget past experiences and dive head-long into a belated to-do list.

That’s when I hit the Wall.

I am now in my fifth day of intense exhaustion. Fortunately, the last two days included several short respites of strength. I’ve applied uncommon wisdom, gained with great difficulty from this last lesson, by limiting myself mostly to mental tasks when I have a little energy. Then I fill the relapses with TV and/or sudoku. The puzzles are a bit much for my fried brain, and I make frequent mistakes. But it helps me focus and be very still so I can refuel over time.

Even these few paragraphs have taken several long hours to complete. I’d add a sentence or two then have to rest. But this is the first time I’ve shared so much detail in a public forum. It’s possible that fact will help jog my memory the next time I consider playing ‘chicken’ with that dreaded Wall.

Hold onto good thoughts for me, please. I really need the support!

 

EMAIL INTERRUPTION: Just a note to say that the server for my website email has been down at the same time I have (see above). Now that my brain is regaining short spells of relative function, I’ll try to address the issue, probably by setting it up on an alternate server, at least for the time being. When I’ve accomplished that task, I’ll try to remember to post that news here. I don’t know if I can promise, but I do intend to try to get everything right. More upbeat thoughts for that too. Please!

 

As always, I invite everyone to join me in a vow to use our blessings, skills, and talents to build a society without poverty or war in which everyone is able to enjoy at least the basic benefits of prosperity and peace.

Meanwhile, send out your positive thoughts and, for those who are believers, prayers for all the suffering souls all around the world!

 
The World I Imagine: A creative manual for ending poverty and building peace and my historical mystery novel, Lion’s Pride, are available through your local bookstore. They are featured at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and most online bookstores around the world. Both are available for Kindle readers.
 

COMMENTS: The purpose of this blog is to share positive ideas for making changes that will help everyone, not just a narrow group of people. I’d love to hear more ideas for imprinting positive effects over a wide range of areas in our society.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment